Congenital Heart Disease: What do you know?
1 in 100 babies are born with a congenital heart defect
Congenital Heart Disease is something that our family lives with on a day to day basis and this is a really emotional topic for me. My husband has lived his entire life fighting heart problems (tetralogy of fallot). Luckily, he seems to suffer less than a lot of CHD survivors. Through Valentine's Day, I will be sharing facts and experiences from other CHD families, including ours. Please read through these facts and educate yourself on CHDs.
I would like to share these facts with you, courtesy of the CDC Website:
- Did you know that congenital heart defects are common?
- Did you know that some heart defects can be found before birth, some at birth, or some after a baby leaves the hospital?
- Did you know that congenital heart defects can greatly affect the finances not only of the families involved, but of everyone?
- Did you know that people with congenital heart defects are living longer?
- Did you know that some congenital heart defects can be prevented?