Hallie's 5 Month Update!
Would you believe it? Hallie turned five months old on July 3rd. Time is just flying by.
My sister-in-law caught this great photo of Hallie at our family reunion last weekend.
- 14lb 4oz
- 25 1/4 inches long
- Exclusively breastfed (we practice baby led weaning)
- FINALLY enjoys being worn in the Mei Tai (which is currently missing :()
- She is cloth diapered, except for at night. As soon as our charcoal bamboo inserts come in (our planned nighttime solution), we plan on switching to cloth diapers 24/7. I decided to ease into it with this baby. It's just been what's working for our family. :)
- She mastered rolling over last month and she now does what we call "baby push ups".
- Reaches for toys while on tummy and can pivot herself in a circle (she is often not where I left her on her playmat!)
- She is a supported sitter with the boppy pillow, but hasn't mastered balancing her head in order to be an independent sitter yet.
- She enjoys reaching for everything. Including my cell phone and grocery list while in the store.
- Falls asleep at 7:00 p.m., waking at 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. to nurse. Sometimes in between, but that is only once a week now. She sleeps in until 10 a.m. most mornings and is awake until 1 or 2:00 p.m., taking a very long nap then. If she's up earlier, she requires a morning and afternoon nap. It just kind of depends on our activity that day.
- It seems like her two bottom teeth are about to pop through any time now.
Things Hallie loves:
- Her Taggie elephant toy.
- Watching her siblings play.
- Sleeping on daddy.
- Chewing on EVERYTHING.