Today's on the go world can make it difficult to avoid harsh chemicals. I have found that there aren't a lot of options on the market for all natural hand sanitizing products. I like to have something like this in my purse or diaper bag for my family. So far, I had only encountered products that contained alcohol, and I really don't like to use products that contain that on little hands.
I was pretty excited when Karen, creator of Handzies got in contact with me, because I had recently been on the market for something like this. Our soccer season recently started, which means lots of port-a-potty trips. And let's face it, those things are disgusting. We've been using Handzies mostly after their port-a-potty trips. With five kids, we've also put them to the test with mud and food! Remember the episode of Full House where Michelle Tanner digs in peanut butter and jelly with her hands? My 3-year-old, Hallie recently did that. She got it all over herself and I was thankful to use Handzies to at least get her up to the tub!
So, I know a lot of my natural mamas are wondering what ingredients exactly are in Handzies. Here is the list directly from their website, so you can see for yourself. What I can appreciate is that they spell everything out from the scientific name of any essential oils, as well as the purpose of each ingredient.
- Purified Water
- Natural Castile Soap – Aloe Vera Juice, potassium cocoate, potassium olivate, rosmarinus officinalis extract, potassium shea butterate
- Melaleuca Alternifolia – Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree oil comes from the roots of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree. It has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal effects.
- Citrus Reticulata Oil –Tangerine Oil. Tangerine oil comes from the rind of the fruit of the Citrus × tangerina (a variety of Citrus reticulata) tree. It stimulates circulation, soothes stress and smells amazing.
- Sorbian Oleate Decylyglucoside Crossploymer –Turns out oil really doesn't mix with water, unless you have a solubilizer. Ours is 100% naturally derived from sugar, corn and olive oil.
- Citric acid – Fruit-based stability agent
- Verstatil BL non-GMO Preservative Blend – Because no one wants moldy wipes, we had to choose a preservative system that we felt was safe and effective at keeping our Handzies clean and fresh in those handy little packets. We've choosen Verstatil BL which is a blend of Sodium Levulinate (skin conditioning agent) & Sodium Benzoate (widely used as a food preservative). It contains NO parabens NO formaldehyde-releasers NO halogenorganic compounds globally approved raw materials and NO phenoxyethanol.
I hope you decide to give Handzies a try! You can purchase them on Handzies.com and receive 15% off with code NEWANDNATURALMOM through May 13th, 2016. Handzies are also available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Handzies is generously offering two chances to win a 24 pack of Handzies!
Option #1: Give the Handzies Facebook page a like and leave a comment on why you need Handzies. Be sure to let them know Farrah/New and Natural Mom sent you!