10 Reasons Birthdays Are No Good!
1. The stress of planning. My kids’ birthdays are in June, August, and September. In age order, nonetheless. Three birthday parties in the summer months.
2. Birthday parties at our house. God help me. We are starting to plan our little girl’s birthday party. We originally wanted to rent a shelter at a park, but it’s been so hot this summer, we’re going to have it at our home just in case we need to retreat into the A/C.
3. Presents. My kids have every toy you can imagine, so I never know what to buy them. Presents are already bought for our daughter and now it’s deciding for Mr. A who turns 2 this year.
4. The cost. Buying food for guests and/or eating out if we go somewhere is not fun.
5. Knowing who to invite. We don’t want to offend anyone, but sometimes after we haven’t spoken to some one in months, are we even supposed to invite them? It’s too hard to invite everyone and their mother when most of our friends have at least three kids.
6. Making a cake vs. buying a cake. I usually make my kids’ cakes, but with the stress of moving around Guggy’s birthday in June, we just opted to buy one. I freak out over every little thing when it comes to cake decorating so we just didn’t need that kind of mommy freak out going on.
7. Cleaning before house parties. Oh man. Talk about pulling an all nighter!
8. Finding places for all of the new stuff. At least it’s a good reason to purge old toys!
9. The toys that don’t get played with. I don’t know how many times my kids get toys that never seem to get touched. And then sometimes I don’t know where they came from.
10. The dang balloons. Oh man, my kids are bound and determined to fight over those! Then they meltdown after they pop.