We saw this craft on the Sprout Goodnight show and thought it’d be cute to do with the kids. Here are the instructions from Sproutonline.com. We didn’t use berries and flowers — only leaves. I went to Dollar Tree and just bought fake leaves since the leaves in our yard were pretty wet.
|L-R Matthew’s (age 4), mine, and Cheyenne’s (age 2)|
- 1 paper plate
- Dried leaves, berries, flowers, small stones, pine cones, or anything else from nature that you find
- Decorations (glitter, stickers, pom poms)
- All-purpose white glue
- Hole punch
- Using safety scissors, cut out the inside of the paper plate – now you have the shape of your wreath.
- Using the hole punch, punch two holes in the top of the plate – this will be used to hang up the wreath.
- Now it’s time to decorate it! Use your imagination to decorate it with leaves, berries, flowers, pine cones, markers, or glitter.
- Once you’ve decorated the wreath, let it dry.
- After it has dried, put a piece of ribbon through the holes and hang your nature wreath at your door!